NxStage Medical is an American medical company specializing in systems for treating kidney-related diseases. At a tradeshow in 2018, they launched the MasterGuard Plus, a device that helps prevent needlestick injuries during the removal of needles from patients. NxStage wanted to promote the device to medical professionals attending the tradeshow by explaining the benefits and superiority of the MasterGuard Plus.
- NxStage wanted to create a virtual reality experience allowing users to virtually try out the product, so that users would be able to see the benefits for themselves.
- NxStage needed to showcase the new product, draw attention, immerse the audience in a clinic environment, and attract a crowd at the tradeshow.
- Pace Creative partnered with NxStage to create the experience. We agreed that a virtual reality experience was an excellent way to showcase their product at the tradeshow, as it would draw attention and an audience.
As part of our strategic process for this project, our team:
- Developed a tradeshow strategy to ensure the virtual reality experience aligned with NxStage’s business goals. The virtual reality experience seamlessly integrated with NxStage’s content marketing strategy.
- Built the interactive script and developed the storyboard and detailed user experience journey to produce a cohesive experience.
- Created a VR scenario for users in which they used the MasterGuard Plus to remove a needle from a patient’s arm. This is a common task that medical professionals perform daily. The scenario showed how the MasterGuard Plus prevents needlestick injuries.
- The VR application was completed in time for the tradeshow, within a strict timeline of six weeks and within the approved budget.
- The virtual reality experience generated a buzz at the tradeshow so much so that the booth had a lineup of industry professionals.
- The experience has been re-purposed into a video which is available on NxStage’s website and which approximates the experience.